Posted by donna on March 18, 2015
March 18, 2015 marks 90 years since the AGC officially began!
Above: Sunday School Teachers Convention, Christian Workers Churches, Philpott Memorial Church (then known as "The Gospel Tabernacle), Hamilton, ON, 1924
The AGC traces its beginnings to the early 1890s when a group of independent evangelical churches became known as the Christian Workers' Church of Canada, under a charter granted to Dr. P .W . Philpott, pastor of the Gospel Tabernacle in Hamilton,ON. These churches were concerned about the growth of theological liberalism and in 1922 felt the need to unite with others who practised a simple biblical faith. In 1925, because other groups with contrasting doctrine and practice were using similar names, a new charter under the name of Associated Gospel Churches was secured from the Canadian government.
Posted by donna on March 28, 2015
The meeting will be held at Peoples Church of Deux Montagnes on Saturday, March 28, 2015, 9:30 am. This meeting is open to pastors and leaders of churches, delegates appointed by the members of their church and all church members.